There are many methods of trenchless sewer line repair, and sliplining is one of the oldest in the industry! Despite its age, it remains a highly effective, commonly used method for pipe repair in Northwest Indiana. So, let’s dive into what sliplining is, how it can benefit you, when you may need it, and where you can find sliplining services!
Sliplining is a trenchless sewer line repair method that places a new pipe within the older, damaged pipe. It is considered trenchless because very little digging is needed in comparison to traditional sewer line replacement. Through the sliplining process, the newer pipe is threaded into the existing one with the help of a pulling head. Let’s explore this process below:
- An inspection is performed to assess the damage to the existing sewer line and determine exactly what repairs are needed.
- Two small holes are created to access the underground pipeline. These are entry and exit points. Though some minor digging is necessary, it is far less than traditional sewer line replacement methods.
- The existing pipe is thoroughly cleaned to prepare for the insertion of the lining pipe so that the system can be properly sealed.
- The new pipe is attached to a pulling head, then threaded inside of the broken pipe, covering the entire length of the damaged section.
- Once the pipe is in place, the space between the old and new pipe is sealed to keep the lining pipe in place and prevent leaks around it.
- All connections are restored and sealed so that the sewer system can be operational once again.
The process of sliplining is simple and effective. However, there are some considerations. For example, the new pipe is slightly smaller in diameter, as it has to fit inside of the previous pipe. On the other hand, the new pipe often has many benefits that will outweigh this small difference in size. Next, we will cover the benefits of sliplining and why this slight decrease in diameter tends to have little to no effect on the flow within your sewer lines.
If You’re Looking for Efficiency & Affordability, Sliplining is Your Answer!
In comparison to traditional sewer line replacement, sliplining and other trenchless sewer line repair methods have ample benefits. From simplicity to cost-effectiveness, sliplining is a great sewer line repair solution for Northwest Indiana residents. Let’s dive into the benefits.
- Sliplining is highly efficient.
With an experienced professional, your sliplining procedure can be performed quickly and easily. This allows for minimal interruption in your daily routine and rapid repairs for your sewer lines. Additionally, your Northwest Indiana home waste management system is working properly in a very short time. Sliplining is a very effective, relatively quick method to repair your sewer lines.
- Trenchless sewer repair is far more cost-effective that traditional methods.
Sewer line replacement can become very costly, especially if large trenches are needed, followed by yard repairs to mend the damage. However, sliplining and other no-dig methods allow for more affordable sewer repair solutions.
- No-dig methods are easy on your yard.
Though small access holes are needed, sliplining is considered a no-dig sewer repair method. This is because traditional sewer repair requires excavation and trenches, but sliplining only needs small entry and exit holes. Therefore, there is very little damage to your Northwest Indiana yard, keeping repair costs low and your landscaping intact!
- Sliplining restores your pipe to peak performance.
This method of sewer line repair gives you the benefits of a brand new pipe without the effort, cost, and yard damage of traditional pipeline replacement. When your sewer lines are repaired with sliplining, the new pipe provides a reliable route for your household wastes to leave your home and head toward filtration. Additionally, the new pipe works more effectively than the damaged one, so your sewer line function is completely restored.
- The new pipe may actually improve the flow capacity of your sewer system.
Along with restoring the pipe to its former capacity, sliplinig may actually increase the efficiency of your system. Due to the smooth surface of the new pipe, wastewater can flow more easily through the sewer lines. As a result, your sewer lines can have an increased flow rate and your sewer system will be more efficient after sliplining.
Sliplining is a simple process that won’t damage your Northwest Indiana yard or cost you a fortune. It’s quick and effective, and it leaves you with an efficient sewer line that will last you for years to come.
But, When Do You Need Sliplining?
Now you know what sliplining is, how it works, and why it’s beneficial for your sewer system in Northwest Indiana. So, now the question is: When do you need sliplining? Well, that depends on the damage found on your sewer line inspection.
During an inspection, a technician will assess your sewer lines and determine the best solution to fix the problem. This may include sliplining, another trenchless sewer line repair strategy, traditional sewer line replacement, or something else. However, the first step is recognizing that you have a problem with your Northwest Indiana sewer line. So, how can you tell?
There are many indications that you may need sewer line repair. These include:
- Slow draining in your sinks, showers, or tubs
- Sewage backups from your drains
- Gurgling noises from your pipes, drains, or toilets
- Offensive odors in your home or yard
- Foul-smelling puddles forming in your lawn
- Unusually green patches of grass above your sewer lines
If you find yourself experiencing one or more of these problems at your Northwest Indiana home, now is the time to schedule a sewer inspection. After an inspection, a technician can then determine the best strategy to repair your sewer line problem. Oftentimes, these issues can be repaired with simple trenchless sewer line repair methods, such as sliplining!
Where Can You Get Sliplining Services?
That’s easy! The professionals at FreeFlow Environmental of Northwest Indiana are expertly trained and extensively experienced in many trenchless sewer line repair methods, including sliplining. If you are in need of sewer line repair, there’s no need to look further!
With FreeFlow Environmental, you are guaranteed:
- A quick response from a team of professionals
- The highest standard of service in the industry
- Courteous, friendly treatment throughout your sewer repair project
- Highly effective repairs that will have your system working better than ever
- Affordable pricing with payment plan availability as needed
Call Us Today!
Don’t deal with horrible smells, strange noises, and bothersome sewer line problems for another moment. Contact the professionals at FreeFlow Environmental for all of your sewer line repair needs in Northwest Indiana, including sliplining and other trenchless sewer repair methods. We are the answer you need to get your sewer lines flowing freely once again! Call today to start your repairs.