Trenchless sewer line replacement is an effective method to repair your underground pipelines, and it will save your time, your money, and your yard.
Trenchless Sewer Line Repair: What Is It?
When your sewer lines need repair, you may picture large excavators and significant yard damage. But, with trenchless sewer repair in Northwest Indiana, the process is much simpler with far less trauma to your yard. Trenchless sewer line replacement starts first with digging small access holes. From these holes, the pipelines can be repaired from within. This can be performed in a few different ways, including pipe bursting, cured-in-place pipelining, and sliplining.
With pipe bursting methods, a bursting head is used to break the damaged pipe and push it out of the way. The new pipe is attached to the back of the bursting head, and it threads into place as the old pipe is pushed away. The main benefit of this version of no-dig sewer repair is that it allows for complete trenchless sewer line replacement, whereas other methods seal the existing pipes and do not replace them.
Cured-in-place pipelining (CIPP) uses a liner coated with epoxy to seal the damaged pipeline. This trenchless sewer repair method allows the technician to insert the epoxy-covered liner into the access point, thread it into place, and expand it to fit the damaged pipeline. The liner then creates a seal in the pipe, preventing any further leakage or backup.
Sliplining is similar to CIPP, as a liner is placed within an existing pipe. However, this trenchless pipe repair process feeds a slightly smaller diameter pipe into the damaged line. Once in place, the space between the two pipes is sealed to ensure proper function and permanent placement.
Whichever no-dig sewer line repair process is used for your Northwest Indiana home or business sewer system, there are many benefits. To begin, all three methods create only smaller access holes in your yard, meaning there are no trenches that are typically associated with sewer repair. Trenchless pipe repair allows for quicker, simpler sewer line repairs that will prevent excessive damage to your yard and save you money throughout the process.
How Do You Know If You Need No-Dig Sewer Repair Services?
There are many indications that sewer line maintenance is needed. Explore some of these below.
- Foul odors coming from your pipes and drains: There should never be foul smells from your drains. If you start to notice odors, you may have a damaged or clogged sewer line that needs trenchless pipe repair.
- Strange noises, such as gurgling, from within your pipelines: The only sound you should hear in your pipes is that of moving water. If you hear gurgling or other unusual noises, this could indicate a blockage in the pipelines, which can often be fixed with no-dig sewer repairs.
- Unusually bright green patches of grass above your sewer lines: When your sewer lines become damaged underground, nutrient-rich waste can accumulate and travel up through the ground. This can cause the grass above the leak to grow more rapidly and brighter than surrounding grass. These leaks can often be fixed with trenchless sewer line replacement and repairs.
- Backup of sewage through your drains: Have you noticed sewage backing up through your drains? This indicates a significant blockage in your pipelines that is preventing proper draining. Sewer backups can often be corrected with trenchless pipe repair services.
- Poor draining: If your drains are emptying slowly, this can also be a sign of a clogged sewer line. These clogs can often be fixed with no-dig sewer repairs before they become a more serious problem.
What are the Benefits of Trenchless Sewer Line Repair?
In comparison to traditional excavation methods, trenchless sewer line replacement is much simpler and quicker for Northwest Indiana sewer systems. There are many benefits to opting for no-dig sewer repairs. Read on to better understand the advantages of trenchless pipe repair.
- Better Function of Your Sewer System with Trenchless Pipe Repair Services
No-dig sewer line repair can fix your malfunctioning pipelines quickly so that you no longer have to deal with the effects of a damaged or clogged sewer line. With modern pipe liners installed through sliplining or CIPP methods, the flow capacity of your sewer lines will increase. This means better, longer-lasting operation for your sewer system.
- No-Dig Sewer Repairs Offer Long-Lasting Solutions
Modern advancements in sewer line repair allow for solutions that last much longer. With CIPP, sliplining, and pipe bursting, technicians can install liners and new pipes that will outlast your previous sewer pipes. Trenchless pipe repair can extend the life of your sewer lines.
- Trenchless Sewer Line Replacement Saves Time
Because there is no need for extensive excavation, trenchless sewer line replacement and repair is easier and much quicker than traditional sewer repair methods. This method allows for shorter disruptions in your daily routine and more timely fixes for your sewer system that will have it running smoothly in no time.
- Landscape is Preserved with No-Dig Sewer Line Repair
Another benefit of trenchless sewer line replacement and repair is the limited damage to your yard. Many sewer lines run underneath the front lawn, meaning excavation could really disrupt the aesthetics and landscaping of your home. With trenchless pipe repair, only small access holes are created, meaning your yard has very minimal damage!
- Trenchless Pipe Repair is an Environmentally-Friendly Solution
Along with the limited damage to your yard, there is also a very minimal environmental impact with trenchless sewer line replacement and repair. This process allows for repair from within the pipeline itself, meaning there is no risk for damaging another pipeline. There is very little chance of additional waste leaking into the ground with no-dig sewer repairs, making the process more environmentally-friendly.
- The Costs of Trenchless Sewer Line Repair are Lower than Traditional Excavation
No-dig sewer repair uses less invasive equipment and methods. This cuts the price of sewer line repair, as the cost of equipment and yard repairs is kept low. No-dig sewer line repair allows you to save money while also having highly-effective sewer line repairs!
Don’t Wait Until the Problem Gets Worse – Have Your Sewer Lines Repaired Now!
Whether you are dealing with sewage backups, foul smells, slowed draining, or another sewer system malfunction, now is the time to get it fixed. A damaged or clogged sewer line has the potential to get worse over time, so sooner repairs are the best option. Luckily, most repairs can be made through trenchless pipe repair methods!
Who Can Provide Trenchless Pipe Repair?
FreeFlow Environmental has the expert team that can provide you with every trenchless sewer line repair and replacement solution that you need in Northwest Indiana! Now that you understand the indications and benefits of trenchless pipe repair, call us today to have your sewer lines functioning again as soon as possible!